2/9/10

Why Culinary School?

I want to find a job where I get to use this culinary education, yet does not totally crater my family financially.

I want to challenge my skills and preconceptions of food.

I want to improve my technique, and overall understanding of flavors - to no longer be primarily reliant on a recipe, but to be more creative based on complementary ingredients.

I want to save money still, even through an employment transition, because we want to move to Ithaca.

I want to learn how to plan a menu and how to effectively order levels of inventory that permit a gorgeous menu, yet does not break the bank.  I don't want to go bankrupt because I tied up all the restaurant's $$ in mussels.

I want to open my own place in Ithaca, utilizing some of our favorite flavors and dishes from Austin, and offering reinterpretations of NY food too. 

I want to garden with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment