2/14/10

10 things I remember from today's marathon

  1. Seeing this guy.
  2. Our beautiful, insane city in all its charm and fun-to-look-at glory.
  3. The hills on Exposition Blvd, which will always remind me of running with Jen on Saturdays when Marcel was younger.  We'd drop him off at the Tops (his daycare TreeTops) and take hard but relaxing long runs on Mount Bonnell and down Exposition.
  4. Giving Marcel a sweaty hug at mile 17.
  5. Seeing Taylor chilling at mile 17, maxing in a chair like the pimp she is.
  6. Having a lil GI issue at mile 22, where this harsh deuce appeared in my innards and was all "You can drop me in your shorts, or you can drop me somewhere outside your shorts...but I'm coming out."  One mile 23 pitstop later...
  7. Totally stealing an Ozarka bottle right out of a spectator's hand, I think she was trying to give it to her friend behind me.  It was cold and refreshing.  Thanks Ozarka girl, wherever you are.
  8. The bands at every mile.  So awesome when a band was all bass-heavy and you could feel them before you heard them.
  9. The last three miles, which were cake and had tons of energetic spectators.
  10. The whole goddam thing!  My family, my city, my race.  I hope all my loved ones get to experience something that awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment