2/11/10

Life in progress

A couple more days until the orientation.

This has been an interesting week.

I'd say Jen and I are both excited, yet kinda freaked about what these changes will look like for our family.  I'm super stoked for class to start, yet I'm nervous about being there for the kiddos every step of the way.  Probably natural.  What's school gonna look like?

Tons of my work friends allude to my 'business plans', or my restaurant job, etc, but in reality I don't know what the hell I'm doing.  I get paid crazy good money to do work that's not strenuous at all.  I sit in meetings, I make powerpoints, I dial into conference calls.  And while some of my friends are very satisfied and stimulated by it, I am convinced I am not contributing to society.  Hrmm...

Loving the idea of orientation, learning how to dice vegetables, make a bechamel sauce, learn flavor profiles, solve problems on the fly.  Any problem solving at my job today requires slow, deliberate 'enrollment', 'alignment', and related torturous concepts.  I'm ready to be in a space where shit needs to be done, so you do dat shit.

Tomorrow I hit the marathon expo, then Sat I go to orientation, Sunday the marathon,  and Monday school officially kicks off.

Next stop, new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment