2/23/10

Shepherd's pie

(Tonight's pastry class -- the chef is making a stunning fresh fruit tart, shown in the screen above.  This photo does it no justice whatsoever.  Trust me, it was gorgeous and I wish I could have eaten the whole damn thing.  Fingers crossed that I get to try to make something like that.)

Last night two students in my class were talking about the food they made over the weekend -- we're all talking more about our own cooking, as well as bringing food and snacks representative of our own tastes and preferences, it's really getting interesting -- but they were talking about food they made over the weekend, and one had made some great stir fry and another made shepherd's pie. 

Shepherd's pie girl was proud of her shepherd's pie.  She was all set to describe her shepherd's pie at length, obviously proud of the dish, and stir fry girl cuts her off and asks her whether the pie was made of real shepherds.  "Because if so that could be a real problem.  Stringy beard hair...grinding up the shepherd's feet..." 

Heard the girls scout cookie joke a million times but the shepherd's pie is a first.  Poor girl, I bet she does make a good shepherd's pie.  But I like this story, as it's a good example of how we're all slowly going insane.


No comments:

Post a Comment