4/21/10

Fish Week

We had Monday off so fish week will be a short one.  Last night we poached salmon and served it over julienned veggies and an odd cream sauce verjus.  If I had eaten much of that cream sauce, I would be in the Le Cordon Pooper all day today.  But chef seems to stomach it just fine.  We also basted/pan fried striped bass fillet and served that with yummy lentils with brunoised veggies, and a buerre rouge, a gorgeous acidic red wine sauce mounted with butter.  Of all the things we made last night the sauce was my favorite; I am finding I am decent at making sauces.  Thus far they are shiny, velvety, great texture, and do not break.  I need to practice my sauces more out of class.

We get to keep same partners, so L and I are together for another week.  He was so excited to bring home the salmon head so he could make soup today, but at the end of the night chef threw away L's salmon head.  He was crestfallen. 

Tonight are flatfish, sole and flounder.  Flounder are one of those things that religious people can use to say God has a sense of humor.  They are hysterical looking and taste delicious. 

I called James from Olivia, playing phone tag with him -- and followed up with Chef Jason from Fino to stage again this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment