7/7/10

Notes from day 1

First off, apologies.  Last night's class was 7 1/2 hrs and there's no way I can write/remember that much info in a post.  I wish I could because it's awesome stuff.  Let me say that although I came into this block with a shit attitude due to the whole 3:30 thing as soon as we got in there I fell in love with it.  I was jittery all night, so excited.

Facts:
30 students, half in front of house, half in back of house.  We flop (swap) in 3 weeks, I'm currently front of house.
Front of house positions: server, busser, maitre d, sommelier, expo.  I'm maitre d til next Monday, then we all rotate.
I'm one of three students with front of house experience, all others are tormented by having to talk to customers.
We serve real customers from 5:30-8:30, tues-fri.  Slower during evenings although we do have reservations for every night.
Two chef instructors.  Ours, chef paul, seems very very smart.  Looking forward to learning from him.
Nightly at 5 we have family meal.  The students in the dishpit make us family meal using product from the walk-in that isn't being used.  Last night we had chicken thighs and legs and polenta with snap peas.
We open at 6 tonight, a deuce reservation.  Chef said we should all be a bit nervous...

No comments:

Post a Comment