7/19/10

Beans from the Bayless book

Piper's home from daycare all week, plus she's got some throat thing.  We're pretty much homebound today, so it's a perfect day to work with the Rick Bayless book I've been meaning to cook from for a long time.

I intend to make chicken tostadas for dinner tonight, I soaked beans overnight and they're simmering now.  Should be done by the time we go to the pediatrician.  When we get back piper will nap (knock on wood) and I'll poach and shred the chicken, as well as make salsa. 
I'd like to do the beans refried but I need to taste them from the basic recipe first to see how it went, what I can change.  I'm taking notes throughout, because I'd like to nail these Bayless recipes and make them my own.

Also bought masa and corn husks yesterday, so I can practice tamales at least once on this time off from work.  Marcel also wants stuffed shells, so I'll rock that for him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment