5/23/10

Last night's stage

Last night will be my last stage for a while, I think Jen and Marcel are going to key my car if I'm away from home any more on these weekend nights.  Works out fine, because I have my externship set up there, so the effort's paid off. 

The specials last night were crazy good - 'retarded good' as the sous chef put it.  A watermelon and feta salad, topped with wild arugula and a pink peppercorn vinaigrette.  That was seriously retarded good.  And batonnet cut chickpea fries, also retarded good.

The chef de cuisine prepared me a small order of the pork belly crostini, topped with green apples and microgreens.  I also tried the bacon wrapped, chorizo stuffed dates.  THOSE are good.  The food is insane and the flavors are huge.  Also new desserts last night: goat cheese cheesecake.  And bitter chocolate semifreddo.  The food is retarded good, and I'm going to get retarded fat during my externship.

No comments:

Post a Comment