5/14/10

Baking is dead, long live baking

On to the next one, baking's behind us now.  The written final consisted of 12 short essay questions, along the lines of: explain why the laminated dough process is important, outlining the steps.  And, how is a Swiss butter cream prepared, and so on.  Pretty hard, but I knew a good chunk of it, and I'm banking on partial credit for the ones I fudged.

The practical was: 4 eclairs, 4 cream puffs, 4 swans, all turned in at the same time.  They use the same pate a choux dough, but each has a different cream, and the eclairs also have a fondant glaze.  I did well, 95 on the eclairs and 90/90 for puffs/swans.  My cream puffs are always too small, a customer would feel so ripped off buying one of my lil puffs.  But I handled my biz, made this shit from memory, and it's a new class on Monday.

Garde manger next, then international.  Tonight, no school - seeing Conan OBrien with Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment