6/16/10

Morocco was a riot

Turkey and Morocco tonight, big bold flavors of lamb and honey, cumin and lemon, onion, bulghur, and fig.  We made lamb tagine and couscous, the tagine turned out so good, very rich with tender lamb. 

Another group had kebabs of lamb, onion, and peppers.  As they cut the lamb, a pile of fat trimmings grew, which we'd normally throw away.  Tonight though, my friend L decided to skewer the fatty trimmings, grill it along with the kebabs, and eat it for himself.  He grills this fat on a stick, for some fucked up reason devours this fat on a stick, and thinks nothing of it, end of scene.

Later, we eat, and chef makes a strong Turkish coffee for us (I had four of them), and the food is one of the best we've had since day one of International.  All groups nailed their dishes tonight, and we tore up the food.

We're finished, and we're cleaning, and normally L is in the dish pit with me but today he's gone.  Then he shows up holding his stomach, and in his Filipino broken English goes "I needed some help, buddy.  I threw up my food."  He puked in the bathroom because he ate too much.  Tells me all about how the meat in his puke was in cubed chunks.  We all lost our minds laughing at him.  This class is overflowing with inside jokes and shit talk, and now we've got another classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment