6/8/10

International class in underway

Day one of International, same big honking class, same chef instructors.  Very cool vibe in this class.  Each night we'll cover cuisine of a different region, and we make a handful of dishes, then we all sit down together and have a huge family style meal.  So last night while most people are watching Daily Show or Jay Leno, me and my homeys were sharing a meal in the style of mother Russia: prune perogies, borscht soup, salmon roe blinis, Hungarian potatoes, and cabbage rolls. 
My team made the prune perogies, the pasta dough practice was valuable. 
So after prunes, beets, and cabbage at 10pm last night, I just hope I don't shit myself today.  Oh - also got news that for the final we're doing a mystery basket.  Each student'll get something slightly different and we have to bang out a 3 course meal.  Gonna rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment