12/18/09

Fifth Course: NY Strip

A roasted parsnip bowl with fried parsnips garnish.  I loved the garnish and used them as I ate the strip too.  The roasted parsnips were cut well, nice size shape and consistency.  The sauce was slightly too salty for me; perhaps it reduced too much when the hot side chef heated the dish.  I loved the texture though, especially the contrast between the thin fried strips, and the soft, almond-shaped roasted parsnips.

The strip was served medium-rare, on a mesquite syrup glaze and garnished with candied garlic.  The strip had been rubbed with coffee.  When I saw the garlic candy I was all no way, so I ate a candy chip solo.  Sweet garlic candy.  Not overpowering, perfectly balanced.

I made like 800 yummy sounds when I had the strip.  The coffee crust kicked ass.


No comments:

Post a Comment