9/25/10

Restaurant Practical is OVER

God it was weird last night, leaving the Le Cordon Bleu campus for the last time.  Since Valentine's Day, I have been up there five nights a week.  I've met many amazing chefs, picked their brains, made some laugh, pissed some off, learned from them all.  Some got the fully stoked, inspired me, and some got the burnt out, fuck this place me.  I've been so lucky to learn from them -- I took a ton of notes throughout the program, so now I can go back and practice and refine the recipes, keep my techniques up. 

Fino starts on Monday, and I can't wait.  My family gets a change for the better in our weekly schedule, and I get to play with the restaurant's immersion circulator.  My work schedule will also relax some, because I won't have to leave at three every day.  Everyone at work has been understanding, but I've felt pretty guilty about bailing so early every day.  Not to mention bringing my laptop home and working on projects over the weekend to make up the hours. 

The chefs gave us an apple cider toast at the start of class last night, and gave it up with the motivational speeches.  Chef Randy's parting wish is that we stay in touch and help each other.  It's all been so awesome.  And I have to mention chef's cookies -- Chef Jay made us chocolate chip bacon cookies that were insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment